Once you get 25 fans on your Facebook business page, you can get a proper username.
This means that instead of having a string of letters and numbers in your Facebook address, you can just have www.Facebook.com/businessname. So much easier for people to remember and looks way better when listed on business cards and in email signatures. If you’re running a special promotion via facebook, you can promote your address without needing a full sized banner ad.
Choosing a Good Username
When choosing your name, remember; no spaces, your business name is a good option, you can’t change it later and ideally, it should match your website address.
Follow the instructions below to get your username:
- Login to Facebook
- Under Account, click on ‘Use facebook as a page’
- On the top right, click the ‘edit page’ link
- On the list on the left-hand side, select ‘Basic Info’
- Near the top click on the text ‘Create a username for this page’
- You will be asked to continue under your personal account – that’s fine!
- From the drop down make sure your correct business page is selected (you can have lots of business pages created from one personal account)
- Enter the username you would like in the box
- Click on the ‘Check Availability’ button
- If your chosen name is available, confirm your selection
- If not, keep trying until you find one you can use
You will now be able to see your Facebook page under this new, shortened address. Your old address will automatically redirect to the new one.
My Facebook page is at www.facebook.com/creativewebideas